Friday, February 12, 2010

Vegetable Stuffed Potabellas


We had these last night, and 2 out of the four were awesome, but I don't blame the recipe, I blame the crappy Portabellas I bought. Also the next time I make this I'm going to broil them even longer than called for, they were still a little undercooked. I got this recipe from Healthy Cooking Magazine. Obviously you can leave the cheese out at the end, but I felt like it really brought everything together, and the mushrooms reminded me of mini pizzas coming out of the oven. Next time I post, I'm going to share the sandwich bread loaf I've been making every week, and if anyone is interested I've also been making my own butter in the kitchen aid and I can share that process as well.

Ingredients

  • 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
  • 2 tablespoons Pure Olive Oil, divided
  • 1 tablespoon water
  • 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
  • 1 garlic clove, peeled and halved
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 4 large portobello mushrooms (4 to 4-1/2 inches), stems removed
  • 1 medium sweet red pepper, finely chopped
  • 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
  • 1 medium zucchini, finely chopped
  • 1/2 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese

Directions

  • In a food processor, combine the beans, 1 tablespoon oil, water, rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper. Cover and process until pureed; set aside.
  • Place mushrooms on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until mushrooms are tender.
  • Meanwhile, in a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the red pepper, red onion and zucchini in remaining oil until tender.
  • Spread about 1/3 cup reserved bean mixture over each mushroom; top with 1/2 cup vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Broil 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.

3 comments:

Becky Staton said...

This looks great, Rick! Yes please share your bread and butter recipe.

Sally said...

Yah these souind yummy, even sans cheese. I am very curious about.the butter. Is it real?

Karin said...

ooooh. i have a crafting night this week with my ladies. I think i might try these out using criminis. sounds like a great end of winter sort of dish. thanks for the idea!