Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Hey you guys!

After some time being lazy and getting fat I've been re-inspired -- and I am hoping to drag all of you along with me!!

 I've been trying to drop a few lb's, but regular exercise wasn't moving the scale. So, D and I went on a restrictive calorie diet. It was super depressing but set me on the right track. I'm no longer counting calories, instead focusing on making us healthy meals -- which of course means a lot more cooking and grocery shopping since we've cut out most processed foods. But, it also means being excited by what I am eating -- and what I am eating making me feel healthy and energetic.

Prob the hardest thing to cut out was cereal. I love the stuff, and would pretend I was eating something healthy because it was loads of fiber. I can't be trusted around grapenuts. So, I've replaced that fave snack with the suggestion on every healthy eating show out there. This isn't exactly a recipe but it's a start!

Snacker

a small handful of almonds 
big glass of water

2 comments:

Becky Staton said...

Let's do this!! And nice photo.

Karin said...

darn it. i just ate a bowl of cereal. I told you I couldn't be trusted.